Application Engineer- OPC UA .NET/C++ Toolkits (f/m)
Softing is a successful, independent provider of hardware and software for industrial automation and automotive electronics. SoftingRom has been founded early in 2005 as an R&D center of Softing AG Munich, with offices both in Cluj-Napoca and Miercurea-Ciuc.
We’re hiring an Application Engineer for our Industrial Automation department in Cluj-Napoca.
On this position you will be working as a bridge between customers and engineering teams, providing technical support and expertise to customers, testing applications, responding to customer feedback, installations, maintenance and often performing trainings, presentations and demonstrations.
You will also help the customer to design or develop, test and implement complex software programs and applications by using deep knowledge from the development team. By using customer input, you will provide useful hints about use cases and general user experience in order to improve the range of software applications he/she is responsible for.
Being Responsible for applications which are including Application Programming Interfaces (API) you need to be proficient in .NET/C++ programming.
These processes include:
- Using, designing, developing and implementing programs and applications
- Doing customer analysis to create applications- that respond to customer needs and provide suitable solutions to common problems
- Working with support, development and QA teams to improve products and ensure customer satisfaction
- Performing debugging, testing, code improvement and re-designing tasks
- Responding to customer issues, providing updated software that solves bug issues, performing installs for customers and working with the customer service team
- Acquiring and analyzing customer needs and problems
- Making recommendations to the engineering team to satisfy needs and develop solutions
- Generating ideas for software products that innovate and fill gaps in the current market.
- Relevant experience in engineering or development
- Knowledge of coding and software skills (C++, .NET)
- Collaborating across interdisciplinary teams
- Master’s degree in computer sciences, automation or electronics
- Optional industry-specific experience (OPC related, Networking, System Integration, Fieldbuses, etc.)
- English language (both reading and writing)
- Communication abilities
- Great presentation skills
What you could benefit of
- Attractive salary, private medical services, sport subscription, fidelity bonus and other internal bonuses, lunch tickets
- Highly qualified team
- Comprehensive technical trainings on our expertise area and other technical events
- Positive and informal working environment
- Challenging projects for well-known customers in the industry
- The opportunity to actively contribute at the design and success of our solutions
If this sounds interesting for you, please send your CV (in English/ Romanian language) at firstname.lastname@example.org and let's talk more about this role, about the projects and about our great team.