Quality Assurance Engineer- Industrial (f/m)
Softing is a successful, independent provider of hardware and software for industrial automation and automotive electronics. SoftingRom has been founded early in 2005 as an R&D center of Softing AG Munich, with offices both in Cluj-Napoca and Miercurea-Ciuc.
We’re hiring QA Engineers for our Industrial department in Cluj-Napoca.
In this position you will contribute to the planning, preparation, execution and monitoring of quality assurance processes for products delivered by the Industrial Department. To achieve these objectives you will work closely with the software development team members, with project managers and team development managers.
These processes include:
- Studying and understanding the requirements of the systems under test
- Configuration and operation of hardware test environments (simulated or real including test benches, PLCs and sensors, fieldbuses or local test networks, diagnostics equipment etc.)
- Documentation (test specification, test cases, test reports) in accordance with internal manuals, ISO procedures and project specifications
- Test plans development (estimates, scheduling or sequencing activities)
- Configuration Management • Test activities following various approaches (integration, regression, system, installation, functional, performance, load, exploratory, etc.)
- Programming, configuration Jenkins jobs for Continuous Integration
- Configuration, use of VMs for deliverables generation (executables, installers, help content) for test purposes
- Configuration, use of ESXi servers hosting the VMs with various operating systems for test
- Developing software applications (Python, VB, C#) for automated tests
- Running compliance test tools, other internal test tools and documenting the test results
As seen above, the job is very diverse, enriched with activities which are typically covered by job positions like Dev Ops, Application Engineer, Developer.
- Experience with automation testing tools and scripting languages
- Experience with bug tracking and version control systems
- Good understanding of software development processes
- Passion for software applied in engineering
- Good communication skills
- English language (both reading and writing)
Would be a plus
- Previous experience in industrial projects
- Experience with Test Complete
- Knowledge/ experience in a programming language: Java, C, C++, Python, Perl, VB script etc.
What you could benefit of
- Attractive salary, medical services, fidelity bonus, lunch tickets
- Highly qualified team
- Comprehensive technical trainings on our expertise area
- Positive and informal working environment
- Challenging projects for well-known customers in the industry
- The opportunity to actively contribute at the design and success of our solutions
If this sounds interesting for you, please send your CV (in English/ Romanian language) at jobs_ro[at]softing[dot]com and let's talk more about this role, about the projects and about our great team.