Senior QA Engineer with Java- IA (f/m)
Softing is a successful, independent provider of hardware and software for industrial automation and automotive electronics. SoftingRom has been founded early in 2005 as an R&D center of Softing AG Munich, with offices both in Cluj-Napoca and Miercurea-Ciuc.
Softing Industrial is the expert for implementing and improving digital exchange processes in industrial applications – on the field level and between production and IT.
For our Industrial department in Cluj-Napoca, we’re hiring a Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer with a solid interest for programming in Java.
In this position you will develop software for testing: tools, frameworks and automated tests.
It is much more than just writing test scripts. It is a serious evaluation and design of the testing solutions which has to validate software operating important installations in the oil&gas extracting industry. You will work closely with the software development team members and project managers. You will leave in both development and testing worlds, a software tester having a heart of a developer.
- Studying and understanding the requirements of the systems under test
- Review product code
- Configuration and operation of hardware test environments (simulated or real).
- Developing test automation solutions from the ground up
- Documentation (test specification, test cases, test reports) in accordance with internal manuals, procedures and project specifications
- Test plans development (estimates, scheduling or sequencing activities)
- Configuration Management
- Test activities following various approaches (integration, regression, system, installation, functional, performance, load, exploratory, etc.)
- Developing automated tests
- Running tests in CI/CD and documenting test results
- Developing software applications (Java, optional Kotlin/ Groovy) for automated tests
- 5 years of practical programming experience in Java/Kotlin
- 2+ years experience in building Unit/ Functional/ Integration Tests
- Experience in creating automated tests
- Experience in using CI/ CD systems and Git
- Good understanding of software development processes
- Good analytical abilities to detect/ find important test cases
- Passion for software applied in engineering
- Good communication skills
- English language (both reading and writing)
- Availability for travelling 8-9 times a year for customer reviews/planning meetings (Munich-Germany)
Would be a plus
- iSTQB certification
- Optional industry-specific experience – OPC UA
What you could benefit of
- Very attractive salary, private medical services, sport subscription, lunch tickets
- Highly qualified team
- Comprehensive technical trainings on our expertise area and other technical events
- Positive and informal working environment
- Challenging projects for well-known customers in the industry
- The opportunity to actively contribute at the design and success of our solutions
- Working under a contract for a determined period (2 years), with the possibility of extension